With our core values of Imagination, Collaboration, Empowerment, Agility and Integrity, longstanding client partnerships, a fantastic team and expertise in rare disorders, oncology and advanced therapies, emotive are growing fast. We are searching for the next generation of talented medical colleagues to join our team.
emotive is an established, award winning and successful healthcare communications agency. We are part of a small network of individual, best-in-class agencies and consultancies called Synaptiq health who provide life science clients with integrated services across market research, communications and market access.
We are seeking an experienced Account Director or Senior Account Director to join one our client service teams working with a defined cluster of Global, EU and US clients, including on the EU launch of a new gene therapy in an ultra-rare paediatric disorder this year. In our agile and autonomous structure, you will lead and manage a team of talented Client Services colleagues who are all driven to transform lives by inspiring change that has a positive impact on people’s health. You will have oversight to manage the planning and delivery of account activities and programmes to the client’s satisfaction, ensuring delivery on time and within budget. Alongside our senior Medical and Brand strategists, you can also play an active role in business development with both new and existing clients, including leading pitches.
WHO YOU ARE:
You’re a seasoned medical communications professional with a passion for excelling in client services and leading a team. You should have a degree in life sciences or related subject along with significant experience in a medical communications agency environment. As well as being dedicated to delivering excellence and upholding the highest quality standards, you’ll also be a creative thinker, with the ability to provide input into communications concepts that meet client’s strategic objectives. You’ll be a great team leader and role model, providing leadership, coaching and mentoring support to members of your team.
- Take responsibility for the growth of a portfolio of customer accounts, taking ownership of the emotive relationship with the clients. Maintain high visibility within customer organisation, developing strong relationships with key client contacts and senior level client stakeholders and obtain regular feedback.
- Provide senior counsel and leadership to clients, cultivating strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers and assisting them to achieve their goals through the proposal and development of high quality communications solutions. Maintain in-depth knowledge of customer organisations and high visibility within them, generating quality contact with senior-level client stakeholders both within client teams, franchises, procurement teams and communications leads / heads . Raise the profile of emotive within target client companies.
- Take overall responsibility for all account deliverables and outputs and ensure the appropriate resource is secured and deployed as needed.
- Maintain general knowledge of all emotive services and capabilities for appropriate cross-sell opportunities.
- Oversee contact with clients including email communication, attendance at teleconferences, face to face meetings and via telephone contact. Manage client handling skills of junior team members.
- Take responsibility for financial performance of allocated accounts, including meeting revenue and profitability targets. Proactively initiate actions to maximise growth and profitability of accounts. Provide sign off for identified budgets.
- Execute comprehensive account development plans for each target client company / account. Ensure appropriate strategy / solution is proposed to best address customer objectives. Monitor actions and results against plans. Report to CS team leads on revenues and profitability.
- Take an active role in new business development, helping to secure and respond to RFPs, contributing and sometimes leading pitches and winning new work. Present internally and externally.
- Direct staff in accordance with organisation’s policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning departmental resource planning, assigning, and directing work; taking line management responsibility for team members; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters. Engender team spirit.
- Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of pharmaceutical market issues, client and competitor company / product positioning, and overall strategic objectives of clients. Continually assess and maintain an understanding of the competitive landscape (activities, positioning and pricing) and keep abreast of potential opportunities and trends.
- Be aware of budgeted hours on each project you are involved in and to keep track of burn rate on each budget. Flag where you are running out of hours and are likely to exceed budgeted hours. Record your hours accurately and on time using the timesheet system.
- Ensure you understand and adhere to the agency’s values.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good knowledge of all aspects of medical communications including key tactical services
- Leadership skills and the ability to influence others with perseverance as well as the talent for leveraging the capabilities of peers, business partners and associates.
- Demonstrated ability to line manage junior team members, with experience of giving annual appraisals, writing objectives and measuring performance.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Ability to maintain demanding timelines. Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Flexible personality and a quick learner who operates with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent presenter with experience of proposal writing, pitching and giving new business presentations.
- Strong finance skills.
- Good problem solving skill.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate insights and data analysis to executable programs with defined goals.
- Strong organisational, planning, project management and logistics skills.
- Sound judgement and decision making skills with ability to distinguish when further supervision is needed.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics.
- Strong software and computer skills, including MS Office applications.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in medicine, pharmacy, life sciences, marketing or other relevant area.
- 5+ years experience in a healthcare agency environment or similar with clear career progression
WHAT WE OFFER
As well as a market leading salary package, fully supporting your career growth, we also promise to provide a great working environment with a friendly and collaborative culture. Having use of the company’s offices in London or Sussex, with fully flexible office and/or remote working, we also provide a great range of additional benefits and rewards:
- 33 days including bank holidays + the ability to buy more holiday if wanted
- Birthday day off
- Individual learning budget
- Discounts through Perkbox including retail
- Discounted gym membership and a variety of health and well-being support
- Assistance for travelling to work through Bike2work or a rail card scheme
- 6 weeks paid sabbatical after 5 years’ service