With our core values of Imagination, Collaboration, Empowerment, Agility and Integrity, longstanding client partnerships, a fantastic team and expertise in rare disorders, oncology and advanced therapies, emotive are growing fast. We are searching for the next generation of talented medical colleagues to join our team.
emotive is an established, award winning and successful healthcare communications agency. We are part of a small network of individual, best-in-class agencies and consultancies called Synaptiq health who provide life science clients with integrated services across market research, communications and market access.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Account Executive (with potential to step up soon) or already an Account Manager looking for a new challenge, to join one our client service teams working with a cluster of Global, EU and US clients. In our agile and autonomous structure, you will be part of a team of talented Client Services colleagues who are all driven to transform lives by inspiring change that has a positive impact on people’s health. You will help manage the planning and delivery of account activities and programmes to the client’s satisfaction, ensuring delivery on time and within budget. Alongside your colleagues, you can also play an active role in business development with both new and existing clients, including pitches.
WHO YOU ARE:
You’re an experienced medical communications professional with a passion for excelling in client services. You should have a degree in life sciences or related subject along with a few years experience in a medical communications agency environment. As well as being dedicated to delivering excellence and upholding the highest quality standards, you’ll also be a creative thinker, with the ability to provide input into communications concepts that meet client’s strategic objectives. You’ll be a natural role model, providing management, coaching and mentoring support to junior members of the team.
- Act as day to day contact with clients including attendance at teleconferences, face to face meetings and via telephone contact. Manage client handling skills of junior team members. Cultivate strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers within client teams and develop in-depth knowledge of the customer organisation.
- Manage project teams to deliver on all aspects of account activities including briefing, planning, scheduling, budgets and resourcing, ensuring the delivery of projects to agreed specification and quality within budget and timescales. Provide regular updates to Account Director on progress
- Ensure the strategic medical / marketing development of all account activities; review all deliverables to ensure they meet the strategic objectives of the client, adhere to clients’ key marketing messages and are relevant to their target audiences. Review projects for quality assurance and high standards in conjunction with project editors. Ensure final sign-off on all projects before they go to client and or into production.
- Assess the scope of all assigned account activities / programmes and assist in identifying the range and depth of support necessary for achieving account and activity objectives.
- Manage all account finances, including development of account budgets, liaison for sign off, tracking of servicing levels and reporting on profitability. Ensure regular updates provided to the Account Director.
- Contribute to growth of existing accounts by working with senior account team to develop and execute a comprehensive business development plan for each target account. Identify and respond to customer needs in order to define potential opportunities. Propose appropriate strategy/solution to customer. Proactively initiate actions to maximise growth and profitability of accounts. Monitor actions and results against plans. Actively prospect and leverage potential new business opportunities within specified customer account(s).
- Participate in proposal development and presentations, often being part of a pitch team for new business; Present internally and externally.
- Delegate and brief in activities to team members as appropriate; coach and support the development of junior team members as appropriate. Assist in monitoring workloads and development opportunities of junior team members and flag to senior team members as appropriate.
- Line manage one or more Account Executives, holding documented 121 meetings and contributing to or running an annual appraisal and PDP process.
- Maintain general knowledge of all emotive services for appropriate upselling and account development opportunities.
- Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of pharmaceutical market issues, client and competitor company / product positioning, and overall strategic objectives of clients. Continually assess and maintain an understanding of the competitive landscape (activities, positioning and pricing) and keep abreast of potential opportunities and trends.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with colleagues at all levels within the company.
- Be aware of budgeted hours on each project you are involved in and to keep track of the burn rate on each budget. Flag where you are running out of hours and are likely to exceed budgeted hours.
- Record your hours accurately and on time using the timesheet system.
- Ensure you understand and adhere to the agency’s values.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good knowledge of all aspects of medical communications including key tactical services
- Experience leading and participating in teams, including delegating and coaching junior team members.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Ability to maintain demanding timelines. Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Flexible personality and a quick learner who operates with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including excellent customer service skills.
- Experience in participating in presentations.
- Strong understanding of financial activities.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Strong organisational, planning, project management and logistics skills.
- Sound judgement and decision making skills with ability to distinguish when further supervision is needed.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics.
- Strong software and computer skills, including MS Office applications.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in medicine, pharmacy, life sciences, marketing or other relevant area.
- 2+ years experience in a healthcare agency environment or similar with clear career progression
WHAT WE OFFER
As well as a market leading salary package, fully supporting your career growth, we also promise to provide a great working environment with a friendly and collaborative culture. Having use of the company’s offices in London or Sussex, with fully flexible office and/or remote working, we also provide a great range of additional benefits and rewards:
- 33 days including bank holidays +3 days off for Christmas + the ability to buy more holiday if wanted
- Birthday day off
- Individual learning budget
- Private medical insurance
- Flu jab
- Eye tests
- Discounts through Perkbox including retail
- Discounted gym membership and a variety of health and well-being support
- Assistance for travelling to work through Bike2work or a rail card scheme
- 6 weeks paid sabbatical after 5 years’ service